If you have WebTrack enabled in your account, you can use the data you have captured to create segmentation rules.
Once you have started to collect data on your contacts you can build segments of similar groups of people and target them based on their activities and behaviours with your website.
Follow these steps to use WebTrack data when building a segment:
Navigate to ‘Subscribers’ from the main menu and select ‘Segments’ from the dropdown.
Click the ‘Add Segment’ button.
Set a name for your segment. You can also choose to select a list of contacts to segment, and you can assign the segment to a folder so you can organise multiple segments. Then, click ‘Save’.
You then need to add conditions for your segment. Select ‘Add Condition’.
From the condition types, select 'WebTrack'.
In the ‘Insight Field’, there are a number of insights you can choose from for your segmentation rule:
- Page URL – segment your contacts based on which page they visited, specify the URL of the page
- Page Title – segment your contacts based on which page they visited, specify the title of the page
- Page Duration – segment your contacts based on how long they spent on a specific page
- Browser Name – segment your contacts based on which browser they used, such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox
- Site Domain – segment your contacts based on which website they visited
- Campaign Source – segment your contacts based on which campaign they clicked-through on
- Session Duration – segment your contacts based on how long they spent on your website in one session
- Session Page Count – segment your contacts based on how many pages they visited in one session