Setting up a workspace for your Wired Plus API
You can test your WiredPlus API development with PostMan, a free-to-use software package.
Download PostMan from the following URL: https://www.getpostman.com/
From the main PostMan dashboard, you have the option to create a workspace:
Firstly, create a new collection using the folder icon using the left-hand panel under the Collections tab. Enter a name for your collection and click Create. You may also amend other options at this point including Authorisation, Headers, Pre-Request Script and Tests.
From within the Authorisation tab, set the type to ‘Basic Auth’:
In the username and password area enter the ‘API key name’ from inside your Wired Plus account as the username and your password will be the API key that is generated.
Click Create and now you are ready to add new requests to the Collection.
Setting up a request
Change the dropdown from ‘Get’ to ‘Post’ at the left of the URL bar.
Enter the URL: https://api.wiredplus.com/v1/CreateContact
Within the Authorisation tab, select ‘Basic Auth’ in the Type field. The Authorisation username and password will then be auto-populated with your data that was previously set.
The next step is to set your parameters. Click on the ‘Params’ button next to the URL or the Body tab.
From the Key screen enter the value you wish to submit to the API call.
The values for CreateContact are:
- first_name: Contact First Name
- last_name: Contact Last Name
- name: Full Name
- gender: Male or Female
- company: Company Name
- job_title: Contact Job Title
- address: Company or Home Address of contact. Character limit of 255.
- address_2: Additional address information if required
- city: City
- county: County or State of Address
- post_code: Postal Code/Zip Code
- country: Full country names. E.G. United Kingdom
- www: Contact website address
- email*: Valid email address. This is a required field.
- telephone: Contact telephone number with area code.
- mobile: Contact mobile telephone number.
- tags: Tagging allows you to search a contact record. Separate tags with a comma.
- Optin: You are advised to only upload opt-in data through the API. Each contact may be assigned SingleOptIn or DoubleOptIn status.
- contact_list_id: You have the option to use the CreateList which on the successful insert will provide an ID to use for contacts, or from within the system Subscribers / Lists you will be able to select the ID of a list by hovering over its name on the list page and providing it when submitting contact records, so contacts will be automatically associated to the list.
- custom[NAMEOFCUSTOMTEXTFIELD]: Collect additional information about your contacts by creating a custom field specific to your business needs. To create a custom field input the name of the field in square brackets. For example: custom[Industry Sector]=’Accountancy, banking and finance’