Trigger emails are emails that are sent automatically based on pre-defined events or conditions met by a contact through certain behaviours, actions, or other signals.
For a campaign to be used as part of an automation workflow in Wired Plus, it must be a trigger campaign. Standard email campaigns cannot be used in workflows.
How to create a trigger email
To start creating a new email campaign, hover over ‘Automation’ on the navigation bar and select ‘Trigger Campaign’ from the dropdown.
Then, click ‘Create Campaign‘ in the top right corner.
This takes you into the ‘Trigger Campaign Detail’ page, where you are asked for some basic information.
When you're done, click ‘Save‘ at the bottom of the page to start the 4-step process of building your trigger campaign:
Step 1: Subject
On this page you can specify:
- Subject line – A line containing 60 characters or less which will be displayed to the subscriber when they view their list of emails in their inbox.
- From name – The name that your email will appear to come from.
- Sending address – Your sending address/domain where the email will be sent from. You should use a custom domain if you want to ensure your campaigns are fully branded. If you haven’t got a custom domain inside your account, please contact your Account Manager for further information.
- Reply-to address (optional) – You can enter an email address where any replies will be forwarded to. Without this, your email replies will be stored in the platform by default. You will be able to view these in the email’s reports.
- Dynamic Rows - Dynamic Rows can only be populated via integration or API, and are a quick and easy way of ensuring your database is kept up to date and means you will have the latest and most accurate data inside Wired Plus ready for use in your campaigns.
Click ‘Save & Continue‘ at the bottom of the page to move onto the next step.
Step 2: Design
Choose your template for your design. You can either start your design from scratch or you can choose from a layout, a theme (a prebuilt template), or a template you have saved previously.
Click on the tick under the template you choose to open the email editor.
You can then customise your email design with different content blocks.
Once you have finished your design, click ‘Save & Continue‘ to move onto the next step.
Step 3: Test
Here you can send a test email so you can preview your email in the inbox before you send.
You might also want to carry out an Inbox Check. This is more of an in-depth test because it will show how your email will render on different devices and email clients.
When you’re happy, click ‘Save & Continue‘ to move on to the final step.
Step 4: Confirm & Activate
At this final stage, you will see a checklist to see if there any changes we suggest making before sending your email. For example, if you haven’t included an ‘Unsubscribe’ link in your email, you will be prompted to return to the editor to add the link.
Once everything is completed, click ‘Confirm & Activate‘ at the bottom of the page.
You will now be able to use the trigger campaign inside your workflows.