Lead scoring makes use of two key metrics:
- Engagement – This refers to how your contact engages with your campaigns, your landing pages and/or your surveys.
- Data – This refers to the information you have recorded against your contact, such as job title, address, and email address. This sort of profiling enables you to score a contact against your buyer persona.
Configuring lead scoring – working with engagement
This is the implicit information that you’ll know about a contact’s behaviour and interactions with your campaigns and surveys. There are three different categories that you can set rules for:
- Email engagement – customise the point value for email opens and email clicks.
- Landing Page engagement – customise the point value that will be allocated to a contact when a landing page is viewed.
- Survey engagement – customise the point value that will be allocated to a contact when they complete a survey.
You can set a custom score against your active email campaigns, landing pages and surveys. This lets you set the score that will be assigned to a contact when they carry out a specific action. For example, to set a score against an active email campaign, click ‘Add Campaign’ and select which campaign you want to score actions against.
Configuring lead scoring – working with personas
This is how much personal information you have collected from your contact. It helps you to find out who is a good fit for your buyer persona. You can set a custom score for each piece of information you know.
For each action, you will see a default score which we have set. You can increase or decrease these values based on what your strategy is.
Combining both of these scores into an overall lead score is the best way to get an accurate representation of which of your contacts are qualified leads.
Lead Scoring is available in your Wired Plus account. Chat to your account manager if you want to have a demo or to learn more.