When you create an email campaign or landing page, one of the main elements that you will deal with is the text.
The copy is one of the most important considerations when creating a compelling email campaign or landing page.
In this post, we will explain the different aspects of adding text to your campaign or page.
How to add text to your email or landing page
Add text using the content panel on the right-hand side of the editor.
Drag the text content block to the place in the campaign template or page that you want it to appear.
Once you have dragged the text box into the right location in your email campaign, you can then click the text box to start adding your email copy.
When you click on the text block, you will see the toolbar with the following options:
Once you have typed or pasted your content into the text box, you can use formatting tools to edit the appearance of your text. The styling options include:
- Formatting: Bold, italics or underline. You can also edit the size of your text.
- Typeface: Choose from the list of web-safe fonts. It is important to use a web-safe font in your email campaign to ensure that your text renders correctly across all your recipients’ email service providers.
- Links: Add a link from your text to a relevant landing page or add a ‘special link’ including ‘Unsubscribe’, ‘Forward to a Friend’ and ‘View In Browser’.
- Merge Tags: Insert data from a field in your customer database.
- Alignment: Choose whether your text is left, centre, or right-aligned
Alternatively, you can edit the text using the content tab on the right-hand side of the window.
The content properties tab allows you to edit:
- Font Colour: Choose the colour of your text
- Link Colour: Choose the colour of your hyperlinks, this can differ from the main font colour
- Line Height: Increase or decrease spacing between lines of text
- Padding: Increase or decrease the amount of space around your text box as a whole
Once you have added the text to your email or landing page, you can move on to inserting the next elements of your campaign.