Inside the drag-and-drop editor, there are many different ways to link your content.
You can add links to website pages, surveys or forms, email addresses, or to a document.
Adding links works slightly differently for images and text.
Adding links to text: Hyperlinks
When you wish to add a link, simply highlight the text you wish to link, and the toolbar will appear:
Inside the text toolbar, click on the ‘Insert/edit link’ icon. You will then see a popup will appear:
On this popup you can adjust the following:
- Link type: Choose what type of link to include, options here include URL, email or document.
- URL: Paste in your chosen URL.
- Underline link: Keep this box checked if you would like your text link to include an underline
- Text to display: This is the anchor text that appears inside your campaign.
- Title: This is the link name for reference inside your reports.
- Target: Choose whether to open a new window to display the link.
Adding links to text: Special links
There is a second option for adding links to text: special links.
When you highlight the text you want to link, on the text toolbar you will see ‘Special Links‘. Click on this to expand the different options to choose from.
The options include:
- Unsubscribe: When the recipient clicks, they will be asked to confirm that they want to unsubscribe from your marketing messages.
- Subscribe: When the recipient clicks, they will be asked to confirm that they want to subscribe to your marketing messages.
- Preferences: Link to a preference centre to find out the needs and wants of the recipient.
- Forward to a friend: Allow recipients to forward your email, giving your email a greater reach.
- View in browser: Link to a web version of your email in case your email doesn’t display properly in the recipient’s email server.
- Landing pages: Link to a landing page you have created inside your account.
- Surveys: Collect the opinions and data about your contacts by directing users to a survey hosted on your website or a landing page.
Adding links to images
When adding links to images, select the image you wish to apply the link to, and you will see the ‘Content Properties’ option appear in the right panel.
Here you can apply links to your images. Type in the URL, select a special link, or link to a file.
The link actions section in the ‘Content Properties’ tab allows you to specify what you want to happen when the link is clicked.
- Open Web Page: Direct the user to a webpage.
- Send Email: Trigger an email campaign send.
- Make Call: Direct users on mobile devices to make a telephone call
- Send SMS: Open an SMS to give the user the option to send a text